Help us create, while we help you grow!
Were you born to sell?
Does the thought of crushing aggressive lead generation goals excite you? Are you seamlessly able to bounce between navigating the never-ending tunnels of the internet and crafting captivating pitches to catch the attention of high-level executives at the world’s largest brands? If you happen to be a research pro, a go-getter, and looking to jumpstart a career in sales, then Opel Media has the job for you!
As a Sales Development Representative you will be tasked with going after that next big account. You will engage decision makers and demonstrate how our solutions can help them command attention in this visually driven world. You will be given the independence to get creative with your pitch and craft attention-grabbing emails in a quality over quantity focused environment. You will work closely with one of our Client Partners and receive invaluable career coaching and mentorship!
If you’re a strategic thinker, a dynamic problem-solver and love developing compelling value propositions, let’s chat!
- Research prospective clients by spotting and uncovering trends through blogs, campaigns, articles, and other marketing channels.
- Produce a steady stream of leads for our Client Partners utilizing email, phone, social media and other channels and effectively communicating our value proposition (we’re counting on your creativity!)
- Build extensive prospect profiles which include info on social media presence, company contacts, brand strategy, industry trends, and any campaigns that brands may be running
- You’re resourceful and creative with a keen capacity to regularly identify new ways of reaching prospects
- You’re comfortable making cold calls and scheduling meetings with prospective clients
- Your writing is out of this world and you have a keen eye for detail
- You pride yourself on being self motivated, enthusiastic, and independent
- You are a polished communicator and are ready to hone your pitch starting day one
- You’re results-driven with a strong determination to always meet your monthly goals
- You have 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Assistant, Lead Generation or in Direct Sales
- You have experience working in a sales environment at a SaaS or technology company
- You have direct experience with marketing software & consultancy services.
UI/UX Design Intern
- Must be proficient in Adobe CC, Balsamiq or other wire-framing/prototyping/web technologies, HTML5/CSS3 is a plus.
- Background or knowledge in Usability testing and User Centered Design is a plus.
- Examples of work via a portfolio is required for qualification.
- Flexible work hours
- Paid internship; minimum 3 months commitment
- Ability to work on a variety of projects for various industries and technologies
- Ability to learn more about the industry and gain agency experience
Open Source Web Developer
Here’s what you can expect:
- Can communicate and collaborate with other engineers, designers, and business stakeholders in a remote team environment
- Can write clean, elegant front-end code
- Believes Web standards and usability are essential to the success of any site
- Knows CSS well, including how to work with various devices and use the latest methods while providing degradation for less-recent browser versions
- Understands front-end templating, especially PHP and React
- Can write modern, standards-compliant PHP (is familiar and comfortable using PHPCS, and writing against published standards such as WordPress or PEAR)
- PHP7 is your default
- Has worked with Laravel 5, including optimizations for scale
- Has a fundamental understanding of REST APIs, including the WordPress REST API
- Can parse and understand MySQL queries and rewrite them as necessary for performance
- Is familiar with writing unit tests and acceptance tests
- Has an understanding of issues related to scaling high-performance and high-traffic websites, including the importance of quick-loading pages and how to create performant code
- Knows their way around a server—basic web server configuration, cron management, package management (apt or similar), basic shell familiarity, and other housekeeping skills – the Command Line, in other words
- Has an understanding of virtualization and experience with some flavor of virtual environments such as Docker or Vagrant
- Knows Git and adheres to a workflow, including deployment and continuous integration tools
- Has familiarity with task runners and can contribute to front-end workflows (Gulp, NPM, Grunt, Bower, etc.)
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, including analysis, identification of a problem, and clearly outlining a path to a solution
- Amazon Web Services
- Using and extending WP-CLI
- Configuration and deployment of Redis, Memcached, and Varnish
- Disconnected front-end websites from CMS back-ends.
- Building and managing software testing, including:
- Performance testing
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Acceptance testing
- Writing scripted migrations
- Can design, build, and maintain performant and well-organized databases
- Can review and interpret business and technical requirements and create working tasks
- Sharing your knowledge through training, blog posts, or documentation
Digital Project Manager
Here’s what you can expect:
- Develop and document project parameters, including scope, schedule, budgets, specifications. Create, update and monitor project plans for all projects.
- Closely monitor budgets, and establish project plans and processes to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages, or efficiency issues.
- Regularly conduct and lead kick-off and status meetings with clients and internal team, ensuring thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project.
- Pro-actively grow client relationships by understanding and being sensitive to all aspects of their business, anticipating their needs and proposing appropriate solutions that fit within their budget.
- Drive the project team to meet the agreed upon timelines, maintaining the critical path and overseeing the project budget.
- Report on progress and obstacles. Work cross-functionally to resolve issues impacting timelines, costs, and project quality.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to meet project milestones and internal team needs.
- Create and drive project status reporting and meetings as communication and management tools to ensure project health and to provide transparency to risks and issues requiring stakeholder support and action.
- Day-to-day creation, management, and oversight of assigned projects, including resource assignment, budget tracking, issue management, and timeline management.
- Foster strong working relationships with project and client teams to ensure quality project deliverables.
- Ensure all project-related data is kept current and accurate, including resource, tasks and budget information.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented. Capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills, capable of orchestrating win-win solutions between stakeholders and the project team.
- Creative problem-solving skills, as well as a knack for numbers and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new content domains quickly, visualize and simplify complex systems, and solve problems both analytically and creatively.
- Expert relationship building skills and a drive to maintain exceptional client relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to “steer” the project – to observe the current state, note what’s different from where the project should be, and redirect the project for success.
- Able to manage ambiguity – to make smart decisions with limited information.
- Expert project management skills (scope, time, estimating, and budget management).
- Experience managing interactive projects using web, mobile and email technologies.
- 3+ years strong project management experience at a distributed web development company.
- Experience and proficiency using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and online collaboration tools (Slack, Smartsheets, Google Drive and Dropbox) and other PM type tools.
- PMP and/or Agile certification preferred.